About Me

My photo
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I am a child, family, newborn, maternity and couples photographer in Calgary and surrounding area. I have the blog to keep everyone who I take photos for updated, as well as documenting some of my own life and family. I would love to hear from you! Contact me at rumorhasitphoto@me.com if you are interested in a photo session. Session fees start at $175. Click the above pink colored links to link to my facebook page and my website to take a look at some of my past work! PLEASE NOTE I HAVE REMOVED MY LINK TO MY WEBSITE AS I AM CURRENTLY RE-DOING IT. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO BROWSE MY BLOG AND "LIKE" MY FACEOOK PAGE TO SEE MY PAST AND ON GOING WORK! Thanks! I will hopefully have it up and running soon!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Displaying your photos - Calgary Family Photographer

I have done a couple of these posts in the past HERE, but I have been meaning to do it more. I always love when someone is willing to bite the bullet and go with a large photo on a wall. We often feel like an 8 X 10 is a "large" photo to put on our wall, but if you actually placed a single 8 x 10 on a wall above a couch it would look pretty silly. I love the large sizes, with big frames and a nice matting on the photo, or a simple canvas of 20 x 24 size or larger. It sounds huge, but I promise you when you see the finished product you will LOVE what you see. I finally got to take a look at this display in my friend Jen's home today and am so pleased with its look. Can you tell that these photos are 16 x 20? WIth inexpensive framing options like Home Sense and Ikea the options are endless. These frames and the beautiful colors in her photos from our September Mini-Sessions work perfectly in her bonus room. I encourage you to think of ideas for displaying your photos - before - your session. This helps you choose wardrobe, & orientation of photos you would be looking for and making sure we get you that perfect shot you are looking to display. Thinking outside of the 8 x 10 box, totally a payoff in the end don't you think?
See for yourself! I also just realized that I haven't posted any of my own that I have put up in my home, and I have been meaning to get after any one of my past clients for a look at their displays! If you have one you'd ilke to share please email me! Otherwise I'm sure I'll be bugging you soon! Enjoy!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures always look so good! I am excited to see your wall! Take care. Jill