About Me

My photo
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I am a child, family, newborn, maternity and couples photographer in Calgary and surrounding area. I have the blog to keep everyone who I take photos for updated, as well as documenting some of my own life and family. I would love to hear from you! Contact me at rumorhasitphoto@me.com if you are interested in a photo session. Session fees start at $175. Click the above pink colored links to link to my facebook page and my website to take a look at some of my past work! PLEASE NOTE I HAVE REMOVED MY LINK TO MY WEBSITE AS I AM CURRENTLY RE-DOING IT. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO BROWSE MY BLOG AND "LIKE" MY FACEOOK PAGE TO SEE MY PAST AND ON GOING WORK! Thanks! I will hopefully have it up and running soon!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Can't believe it's already been a year...

It really seems crazy to me that a year has passed so quickly. Everyone always says that time seems to go by quicker with your second, and it seems hard to believe...until it happens! I started back to work a couple weeks ago, and then we celebrated Logan's birthday a week later. It all went by (I'll say it again) so quickly that you never would have thought such a big milestone had passed.
Logan seems to be a lot different than her sister, she has just started pulling herself to standing, she continues with her skooching crawl that always makes me smile, she is into EVERYTHING (especially pulling out floor vents???) and loves to let you know when she is hungry and wants more food, and when you've just taken something from her that she wants (like the remote) really bad! She is getting teeth in like crazy, which is definitely different from her sister. I could swear Leyton only had 4 teeth until she was over two years old!
Well for the past couple days Leyton was staying out at her Nana and Papa's with her cousin and we had Log's all to ourselves. We joked about how it must be a treat for her (and us) to just have one kid for couple days and we got to remember what it was like to have just one. It was nice, but we now have both busy girls back in the house (sleeping soundly...knock on wood) and it feels good to have things back to normal.
The one thing that Leyton got a lot when she was an only child was a good number of photo shoots, so how could I disappoint for Logan on such a big occasion. My plan was to head out to the field that Leyton's canola photos were taken in last summer. I knew that I had missed my opportunity for the yellow flowers, but figured whatever was there would do. When I arrived I discovered the same field was actually wheat (and oh I sure hope I'm not wrong about that as my Dad and other farming family will surely skewer me for it! :) and I think it was actually prettier than I had imagined with the colors.
Thank you to Aunty Amanda and Uncle Cory for the super cute dress that Logan is wearing, and to Deonne for the beautiful quilt that she gave Logan when she was born. I think it all came together for some cute shots of my girl. Happy Birthday Baby Logan!


No comments: