About Me

My photo
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I am a child, family, newborn, maternity and couples photographer in Calgary and surrounding area. I have the blog to keep everyone who I take photos for updated, as well as documenting some of my own life and family. I would love to hear from you! Contact me at rumorhasitphoto@me.com if you are interested in a photo session. Session fees start at $175. Click the above pink colored links to link to my facebook page and my website to take a look at some of my past work! PLEASE NOTE I HAVE REMOVED MY LINK TO MY WEBSITE AS I AM CURRENTLY RE-DOING IT. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO BROWSE MY BLOG AND "LIKE" MY FACEOOK PAGE TO SEE MY PAST AND ON GOING WORK! Thanks! I will hopefully have it up and running soon!

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Our new Garden

I think I mentioned a while ago that there was a community garden being built on our street that I had decided to get us a plot in. Well as the weather here has been not so great the building of it has been set back a bit. But after a lot of shoveling and building and leveling the planters were ready to be planted in this weekend. So on Sunday after my photon session I headed over with the girls to do some planting. Cheralyn and I found some info on a website in Calgary about gardening "by the foot", so that was my plan. I rigged up the string on Saturday night, and then read my trusty instructions on how many seeds, holes and plants to put in every designated area. We shall see if I am at all successful...hopefully SOMETHING grows! We shall see. There has been a bunch of rain here again this week, but I think the sun may finally make an appearance so maybe that will help some sprouts start to stick through the dirt. This isn't quite the finished product as I am still trying to devise some crafty way to mark all my plots (as usual Cheralyn is helping me out) and my trusty side kick gardener (Leyton) decided she didn't want her photo taken and ran away...sooo its just two boring photos of our plot and a couple others so you get the gist of what it looks like. I will post a couple full on shots of the garden once it is complete...still a bit of work to do. I really love the location (literally straight out our front door), and hopefully everyone continues to chip in and keep it beautiful. This week has been really busy with a family and 2 newborn sessions already...and still one more to go. Will try to keep up with some sneak peeks soon!
Click HERE for The Tucany Community Garden Blog if anyone is in Tuscany and wants any information...



No comments: