About Me

My photo
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I am a child, family, newborn, maternity and couples photographer in Calgary and surrounding area. I have the blog to keep everyone who I take photos for updated, as well as documenting some of my own life and family. I would love to hear from you! Contact me at rumorhasitphoto@me.com if you are interested in a photo session. Session fees start at $175. Click the above pink colored links to link to my facebook page and my website to take a look at some of my past work! PLEASE NOTE I HAVE REMOVED MY LINK TO MY WEBSITE AS I AM CURRENTLY RE-DOING IT. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO BROWSE MY BLOG AND "LIKE" MY FACEOOK PAGE TO SEE MY PAST AND ON GOING WORK! Thanks! I will hopefully have it up and running soon!

Monday, June 06, 2011

Number 96

This weekend we headed down to Vulcan, Alberta about a one and a half hour drive from here for Leyton to do a little "Tinbit" traithalon. Kelly had contemplated doing the adult version but decided not to do it and so it was Leyton's "race day!" She was pretty pumped and was ready to do it, even though it was a chilly 7-ish degrees when it started. It was an outdoor pool, so needless to say it was a bit chilly. But there wasn't one complaint from her, she climbed in the water and was ready to go (maybe a bit early, but ready none the less!). Once she jumped out of the water it was a run to the bikes where we stripped off all her wet clothes so she didn't freeze. Then she ran her bike to the bike course and was on her way. She has been getting better and better riding without her training wheels and she did great on Saturday. Apparently she was even yelling at someone else's Dad to get out of her way because she was "losing time!" So funny, she was determined to be fast! Then they dropped the bikes and raced to the finish (which I wasn't fast enough to catch!). All in all the race only took about 5 minutes, but it was pretty cute and all (save for a few that were frozen or had wipeouts) the kids seemed to REALLY enjoy it. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone with kids! Such a great day!




















No comments: