About Me

My photo
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I am a child, family, newborn, maternity and couples photographer in Calgary and surrounding area. I have the blog to keep everyone who I take photos for updated, as well as documenting some of my own life and family. I would love to hear from you! Contact me at rumorhasitphoto@me.com if you are interested in a photo session. Session fees start at $175. Click the above pink colored links to link to my facebook page and my website to take a look at some of my past work! PLEASE NOTE I HAVE REMOVED MY LINK TO MY WEBSITE AS I AM CURRENTLY RE-DOING IT. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO BROWSE MY BLOG AND "LIKE" MY FACEOOK PAGE TO SEE MY PAST AND ON GOING WORK! Thanks! I will hopefully have it up and running soon!

Friday, January 28, 2011

Something a little lighter!

So, after the last post I'm going to take it down to something not photography related at all. I have been searching for a new winter coat for the past couple years. Not willing to just buy for a good price but wanting that perfect coat. Well this winter one of my friends started up a new blog that is set up to help people just like me. Here is his blog. A couple weeks ago I gave him this task...find me a good shell, and make it cute! Easy right? Well not really since I had been looking for 3 years! But in a couple days he managed to give me some great ideas and deals and sure enough I just received my coats this week, and they are fabulous! I am so happy. And so proud of myself for doing some online shopping. It was awesome!
Here is the base layer, such an awesome light but warm coat. And for once, actually has long enough sleeves and body to fit my monkey arms and exorbitantly long torso! Love the tight fitting cuffs and the hood. I love hoodies! So impressed...

Here is the shell, yes it is a tad bright, but I think it turned out pretty awesome. My other choices were black (blah) or bright yellow (yikes), but I am pretty happy with the green. Bright enough to stand out a bit, but not fluorescent. Initially I was trying to find the black in the other coat, but it seemed it wasn't available anywhere so I switched to magenta. I'm so glad I did. Adds just a bit of color to the green and looks great.


I ordered the Green coat from Altitude.com and got it within a week and a bit. The magenta coat was a bit harder to find, but I finally rounded one up from Monod's in Banff online store. Both were on sale, and I didn't have any issues! Great service.

Haven't tested them both out on the slopes yet, but hopefully soon. If you need some help finding gear, check out Dave's blog. He can even help all you diva's out there looking for the perfect gear! See you soon, hopefully I'll be wearing my new duds and you'll be able to judge for yourself!

No comments: