About Me

My photo
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I am a child, family, newborn, maternity and couples photographer in Calgary and surrounding area. I have the blog to keep everyone who I take photos for updated, as well as documenting some of my own life and family. I would love to hear from you! Contact me at rumorhasitphoto@me.com if you are interested in a photo session. Session fees start at $175. Click the above pink colored links to link to my facebook page and my website to take a look at some of my past work! PLEASE NOTE I HAVE REMOVED MY LINK TO MY WEBSITE AS I AM CURRENTLY RE-DOING IT. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO BROWSE MY BLOG AND "LIKE" MY FACEOOK PAGE TO SEE MY PAST AND ON GOING WORK! Thanks! I will hopefully have it up and running soon!

Monday, September 05, 2011

Granny Squares

I had found a couple photos of granny squares on pinterest like this and this . I think they are so beautiful and decided I was in need of one. Since I am definitely not up to snuff on my crocheting abilities I decided to ask my wonderful and hugely talented Grandma MacDonald if she could make one for me. After a couple trips to Micheals to pick out the yarn and a suitcase full of yarn (16 skenes) on the plane home to Saskatchewan this summer (which I really wish I would have taken a 'before' photo of) and a lot of hours of crocheting on my Grandma's part....voila!! My new Granny Square Afghan! I love it sooo much! It is my new go to blanket on the couch at night while watching tv. The first night my Mom brought it, I literally walked around the house with it around my shoulders like a 'granny' smelling it. It smelled just like my Grandmas house! I am so thankful to my Grandma for making it for me. I love the colors, I love the randomness of the squares and how even though they are all different they all looks so great together. I will have it always to show how talented she is! Maybe someday I can try and learn so that I can do the same for my kids and Grandkids...?? :) Here are some shots of it in my house...





1 comment:

Kirstie said...

It looks perfect on your couch! Grandma did such a fantastic job, didn't she?...and still managed to bake 150 cookies, jar her jam, and make tea for all her visitors!